Mosaic's PMI-SP® course covers the five domains of knowledge, plus the 24 'cross-cutting knowledge and skills, defined in the PMI-SP Examination Content Outline.
The 5 Domains are:
- Schedule strategy (14% of examination) – Activities related to establishing and documenting the approach to scheduling including policies and procedures, roles and responsibilities, and scheduling objectives and goals.
- Schedule planning and development (31% of examination) – Activities related to defining and sequencing activities and milestones, developing the work and resource breakdown structure, and establishing the performance measurement baseline (PMB).
- Schedule monitoring and control (35% of examination) – Activities related to monitoring the schedule progress,
performing schedule analysis, and managing change appropriately.
- Schedule closeout (6% of examination) – Activities related to finalising all schedule activities, evaluating schedule performance against the original baseline, documenting lessons learned, and distributing final schedule information.
- Stakeholder communication management (14% of examination) – Activities related to developing and fostering relationships with stakeholders, and supporting project schedule-related communication over the course of the project.
Plus our course includes training in the 24 specific 'cross-cutting' knowledge and skills defined in the PMI-SP Exam Content Outline as well as the individual 'domain specific' knowledge and skills. Each domain is further broken down into between 5 and 12 specific 'tasks' and has a set of defined knowledge and skill requirements, the course has been built to address all of these requirements. See more on our PMI-SP course delivery.
Course Structure & Contents
Mosaic's PMI-SP course consists of 12 modules structured as follows:
- Overview & Strategy 3 Hrs
Schedule Development & Analysis 3 Hrs
- Core principles
- Simple -v- Complex projects
- Planning Strategy
Resource & Cost Loading 3 Hrs
- Schedule types and techniques
- Schedule design
- Time Analysis
Schedule Management & Reporting 3 Hrs
- Resource analysis
- Cost loading
Definitions & Scheduling Software 3 Hrs
- Updating the schedule
- Change control
Organisations 3 Hrs
- Definitions and acronyms
- Desirable software attributes
Scope and WBS 3 Hrs
- Org structures and authority / responsibility
- Organisational process assets and historical data
- Structures and systems
Cost and Earned Value 3 Hrs
- Scope definition constraints and assumptions
- WBS* & WBS Dictionary
Risk 3 Hrs
Communication & stakeholders 3 Hrs
- Project cost management
- Earned Value*
Advanced Scheduling* 5 Hrs
- Communication Theory
Revision and Test 5 Hrs
- Scheduling* (not included in modules 1 to 5)
- Schedule Assessment
- Schedule Components*
- Course revision
- 100 Question test
* These sections include references to PMI Practice Standards as well as the PMBOK® Guide. PMI members can download these practice standards (and the PMBOK) as PDFs free of charge once they have logged into the PMI website as a member.
Our PMI-SP course references three books:
- Modules 1 through 5 are focused on the Guide to Good Practice in the Management of Time in Complex Projects, ISBN 978-1-443-3493-7. this is available from:
Modules 7 through 11 reference the PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition. PMI provide a PDF version free of charge to members.
Module 12 is focused on the PMI Practice Standard for Scheduling. PMI provide a PDF version free of charge to members.
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Practice-Management-Complex-Projects
- Wiley Blackwell: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-144433493X.html
Module 13 is revision, and uses all three books.
If you prefer a paper copy of the reference texts, we stock and supply copies within Australia (and can post overseas at a cost), in addition, the PMI Marketplace (www.pmi.org) stocks their standards and Amazon hold stocks of all of the references. PMI members can access all of the PMI publications as PDFs free fo charge (as well as receiving a significant discount on the examination fee - see more on our application page).
The Guide is only available in hard copy.
What will you get?
- We will provide you with a certificate confirming 40 hours of approved training at the completion of the course.
- A framework of information through references and proprietary materials to allow participants to acquire the PMI-specific knowledge required to pass the examination.
- A structured framework to test participants’ knowledge on a progressive basis against PMI-SP examination standards. Mock tests are included in each module based on exam-style questions.
- One-on-one feedback is provided on your performance in each domain to allow you focus on areas requiring improvement - we are happy to provide additional information, mentoring and advice on request.
- Handouts are provided, plus links to nearly 200 White Papers.
- A 100 question PMI-SP benchmark test at the end of the course.
- Ongoing mentoring and support until you pass your exam.
- See more details on the PMI-SP course.
See more on our PMI-SP course delivery.